The Monster Energy AUS-X Open Melbourne has changed the face of Australian Supercross, FMX and action sports events forever. In 2019 and after 4 incredibly successful years in Sydney the AUS-X Open ran under the roof of Melbourne’s iconic Marvel Stadium – in what was the largest international Supercross and action sports event ever held outside of the USA.
The Monster Energy AUS-X Open Melbourne dominated it’s claim as the biggest off-road motorcycle racing and action sports event in Australian history with the world’s best going head to head in Supercross racing and Freestyle Motocross, combined with Celebrity and Junior races, live music and performances, pyrotechnics and non-stop entertainment for all ages, providing incredible value for money.
Broadcast LIVE on television and seen by millions globally, It is the ultimate combination of live sport and entertainment.
From initial concept design, to marketing, PR, social media, content creation, sponsorships, broadcast integration and full event management; the AUS-X Open is managed from start to finish in house by the team at AME.
- 34,791 attended in 2019 over one day of incredible entertainment.
- Global Television distribution network reached over 300 million homes
- 41% travelled from outside of Victoria for the event
- 3% travelled internationally
- 86% said they would attend again in the future
- 94% of attendees rated the event either “Good or Very Good” with Very Good being the highest.
- 80% of attendees rated the value for money as either ‘Good’ or ‘Very Good’ with Very Good being the highest.
- The AUS-X Open fans have the highest Official Sponsor recall and awareness when compared to any sport in Australia, with 95% aware of at least one or more AUS-X Open Official Partners after attending the event;
- 67% of AUS-X Open fans would likely purchase products or services from Official AUS-X Open partners as a direct result of their partnership with the event.
- The AUS-X Open has the highest level of digital interaction and social media engagement than any other sport in Australia;
- AUS-X Open fans are younger and wealthier than V8 Supercars’ fans;
- Over 3 million video views online across digital and social media platforms during a 4 day event period on official @sxopensupercross channels, and Official Partner logos featured within all official AUS-X Open produced and distributed videos and content;
- The AUS-X Open has one of the highest number of Video Views in Australian sport (across event weekend) due to the dynamic and unique nature of digital content and youth audience appeal compared to traditional sports