The AUS-X Open event inside Sydney’s Qudos Bank Arena has changed the face of Australian Supercross, FMX and action sports events forever. The greatest dirt bike athletes in the world competed inside one of Australia’s most iconic venues, broadcast LIVE on television and seen by millions globally. It is the ultimate combination of live sport and entertainment.
From initial concept design, to marketing, PR, social media, content creation, sponsorships, broadcast integration and full event management; the AUS-X Open is managed from start to finish in house by the team at AME.
- 26,562 attendees in 2016 across two days
- Global Television distribution network reached over 300 million homes
- 41% travelled from outside state of NSW
- 3% travelled internationally
- 94% strongly agreed they’d recommend coming to Sydney for the AUS-X Open
- 79% agree or strongly agree that they would recommend Sydney as a tourist destination because of the AUS-X Open
- 92% said they would attend again in the future
- 83% stayed in luxury and standard hotels, motels, serviced apartments or resorts for the event
- 74% thought the event enhanced Sydney’s reputation as an events capital
- 80% believed the event was embraced by the wider population
- The AUS-X Open fans have the highest Official Sponsor recall and awareness when compared to any sport in Australia, with 74% aware of at least one or more AUS-X Open Official Partners after attending the event;
- 76% of AUS-X Open fans would likely purchase products or services from Official AUS-X Open partners as a direct result of their partnership with the event;
- The AUS-X Open has the highest level of digital interaction and social media engagement than any other sport in Australia;
- AUS-X Open fans are younger and wealthier than V8 Supercars’ fans;
- Over 8 million video views online across digital and social media platforms were achieved in 2016, X-Drive branding and Official Partner SCA logo featured within all official AUS-X Open produced and distributed videos and content;
- The 2016 AUS-X Open event achieved extraordinary growth across all platforms year on year when compared to 2015, including increases in Attendance, Media Exposure, Social Media reach and engagement, Online Video Views, AUS and international TV Broadcast viewership figures.