Title: Social Media, PR and Communications Specialist, AME Management Pty Ltd
This is a full time permanent position.
Have you got a passion for action sports, motorsport and working with global brands. Do you have a strong knowledge of the ever-changing media landscape and are confident in building networks and relationships?
AME Management are seeking an enthusiastic, hard working sports and media prodigy, to work within our PR department and international events sector.
This is a superb and exciting role in a dynamic, hardworking and fun environment and the successful applicant will work alongside a driven group of young professionals in a modern office based right in the heart of Port Melbourne.
- Report directly to the General Manager of Communications and Company Directors.
- You will be working within the AME Management Marketing team, including the Marketing Communications Managers, Video Production Team and Event Team
- You will be working with the IRONMAN Regional Directors, Event Managers, Athlete Services, Commercial, and Operations teams
Base of Operation
- Located at AME Management Head Office in Port Melbourne, but may be required from time to time to work from different locations and events nationally and internationally as required.
Scope of Assignment
AME Management develops, promotes, markets and executes international motorsport and action sports events throughout the Oceania region and is a trusted PR Communications, Digital Content and TV Production agency, representing some of Australia’s best known brands.
Working within the AME Management Communications team, the Social Media, PR and Communications Specialist is responsible for assisting with all marketing activity that delivers the participant numbers for the entire portfolio of Oceania events. The role involves assisting with the implementation of all marketing promotional plans and marketing communications plans across a range of digital and social channels, both owned by AME and of major external brand clients.
The Social Media, PR and Communications Specialist will assist in building a digital and social media strategy that builds an informed, engaged and loyal fan base, across all channels.
In addition to this, the Social Media, PR and Communications Specialist, AME Management will:
- Supporting the Communications Manager in all forms of media relations and PR
- Executing all communications activities including PR, Events, Print, VNRs and Social Media
- Liaise with external agencies, media companies, and other departments
- Liaise with professional athletes, teams and personnel
- Create, develop and execute unique PR angles and stories that attract relevant and ‘on brand’ media attention
- Track, create, evaluate and report on PR results both internally and to clients
- Manage client relationships and service to the highest standard
- Supports the Marketing Communications Team in delivering the CRM strategy.
- Supports the Marketing Communications Manager in EDM delivery including development of content (that’s on brand and drives engagement), creation and deployment.
- Liaison with internal departments to ensure that email deadlines are met.
- Reports on open rate, click through and unsubscribes, and optimize email campaigns based on results
- Supports Marketing Communications Manager with messaging through all relevant social media channels that extends our marketing reach, delivers high engagement and drives entries.
- Assists with the implementation of digital advertising activity that delivers key objectives.
- Develop interesting content for digital channels in an effort to grow audience and engagement.
- Assists with tracking and reporting key analytics for all digital marketing activities
- Assists with on-site event coverage through all digital channels
- S-X Open International Supercross FIM Oceania Championship
- Monster Energy AUS-X Open Sydney
- Monster Energy S-X Open Auckland
- Other new events acquired or developed in the future both in Australia and internationally
Skills & Experience Required
- Tertiary qualifications, with a minimum of one years’ PR communications experience
- Experience in a marketing role with demonstrated digital and social marketing communications including email marketing
- High level of communications skills, both formal and informal communications
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills and a high level of integrity
- A high level of computer skills including the Microsoft Office Suite and Photoshop and/or InDesign
- Video production editing skills advantageous
- Excellent organisational skills, time management and attention to detail
- Energetic, personable and able to work co-operatively with other team members
- Proven ability to multi-task, work under pressure and within required deadlines
- Outstanding communicator
- Passionate and avid user of social media
- Passionate about sports and sports events
- Fun and outgoing nature
- Highly organized
- Professional attitude at all times
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Adaptable to changing and fast paced work conditions
- Results driven, performance focus
- Strong personal drive and self motivated
- Strong brand awareness
CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW TO DOWNLOAD A PDF VERSION OF THE POSITION DESCRIPTION: